Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Sacred, shmacred.

Having decided that I really wanted to get rid of that annoying flicker in my computer monitor, I swapped video cards around last last Sunday, and came to the conclusion that it was definitely time to upgrade the whole schmoodle. Sooo...

I lugged my CPU down to the Annapolis Carpark in Greenhills (which is where all the pc stores from Virra Mall moved to while they're renovating the place) and got a new motherboard (Asus P4VP-MX), a new processor (Intel Pentium 4 2.26ghz), new RAM (512MB!) and...oh yeah, a new video card (GeForce FX5500 256mb) :p It's just my luck that my old casing didn't fit the new motherboard, so I had to shell out an additional 1600 bucks for a black casing (which clashes horribly with my old white CD-writer, DVD-rom, and floppy drive) that came with free speakers, a new mouse and new keyboard (all black). All in all, I spent about 17 grand...and when I got home, I found out they hadn't installed the driver for my soundcard. Sheesh. Also, my brand new video card was making my DVDs play in really weird colors. I'm pretty sure that Johnny Smith's skin tone and hair color shouldn't be neon. Grr. Spent the night playing Sacred instead.

Realized after two crashes that Sacred is a cheese-eating crap-assed Neverwinter Nights wanna-be. Stopped wasting my time. Went to bed.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our PC looks like a Zebra!

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger El PresiBENte said...

U could've alla that stuff from my bro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home