Friday, June 01, 2007

Ghost Rider

I watched Ghost Rider on dvd today instead of playing WoW - now I didn't read Ghost Rider as much as I did the X-Men, so I've no idea whether the story was faithful (or not) to canon. Knowing Hollywood though, it probably ain't ;) And yes, I watched it knowing full well it got terrible reviews - I just wanted to see what it was like for meself.

As usual, there will be spoilers!

The Good:
1) OMG, that is one shweet chopper! I want a motorcycle that leaves a fiery trail of destruction behind me too!
2) Young Johnny Blaze. Purr...
3) Where the Caretaker tells Johnny Blaze to sterilize a needle. Wahahaha!
4) "I'm good. I feel like my skull's on fire, but I'm good."
5) Clueless goth girl's tv interview and description of Ghost Rider - hee!
6) "I sold my soul to the devil." Aw, you just have to watch that scene...it's so funny :D
7) Sam Elliott (Caretaker/Carter Slade) is so cool!
8) Supporting characters like Stuart and Mack were, at times, more fun that the leads.

The Bad:
1) What's with the pointing thing??? Unforgiveable overacting or just bad camera angles?
2) The fact that Nick Cage's hairpiece took 3 hours to apply every day. The actual hairpiece was quite good :)
3) Roxanne's wardrobe: first she looked too girly for words (with all the dresses); then suddenly she starts falling out of her shirts...
4) Johnny Blaze's transformation into Ghost Rider in the holding cell - cheesy!
5) When JB first transforms into GR, I found myself wondering whether the reason why GR wears gloves is that his hands look too scrawny to be manacing...and why his flaming skull looked so tiny compared to his shoulders. At least they seemed to have remedied that in later shots.

The Ugly:
1) Blackheart and the Nephilim's fashion faux pas - all these long coats and the fake fur lapels on Abigor - ugh.

Things That Made Me Go Huh?
1) Ghost Rider stops a mugger and the guy stabs him in the shoulder; when Johnny Blaze wakes up in the cemetary, he has a gash on his shoulder that the Caretaker has to sew up. But when NYPD shoots him full of holes after the rooftop fight with Abigor, Johnny Blaze has nary a scratch.

*Post will be updated if and when I feel like it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home