Thursday, August 25, 2005

Most Memorable Customer of the Day

I've been down with a fever for the past couple of days (since Monday night, actually) so today's my second day at work. It's great, though, to have met such interesting customers during my recovery period.

1st MMCD: "Magkano ang Fundador?" (How much is Fundador?)
Ynee: "Anong size?" (What size?)
1st MMCD: "Yung 1 ml." (1 milliliter)
Ynee: "One ml?? 1 Liter, 440."
1st MMCD: "Ah! Oo nga, 'kala ko gamot, eh." (Oh yes, I was thinking in medicinal terms.)

Well, in England, they do give you brandy if you're feeling faint...so I guess it could classify as medicinal...

--------------

Nearer closing time...

2nd MMCD: "Meron ba kayong dried hipon?" (Do you have any dried shrimp?)

I think this can stand on its own, don't you?

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Jennie said...

Yours has got to be the most interesting and most versatile wine shop in Manila! Dried shrimp? Sweet potatoes? What's next? Kropek? hahaha!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Cleod said...

You know, I actually have a few boxes of century eggs and a sack of sesame seeds in my store at the moment -- think they belong to one of our provincial customers who wants her wine shipped along with them. ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home