Wednesday, September 14, 2005

See mousie see, see mousie do.

Been rather absent from the computer lately as I'm trying to watch seasons 1 & 2 of Carnivale (the HBO miniseries) - it's really engrossing, and I am reminded of Ray Bradbury's "Cooger and Dark's Pandemonium Shadow Show" - except not entirely, since the Carnivale carnival itself isn't evil. Also, the plot twists are kinda in the writing style of Robert McCammon, who is one of my favorite horror/fiction writers.

Have been beading up a storm - made a couple of bracelets for my mom and me. Mom's was made with white/gold swarovski pearls and greeny-gold seed beads, while mine was made with cream rose swarovski pearls and copper seed beads (shown below; click on the picture to view larger version).



Also, I've been wandering around the 168 Mall buying shoes. Yes, shoes. The people at my bank asked me to buy shoes for them, and I feel a bit silly walking out of the mall with 4 pairs in hand...good thing Ynee helped me out, or I'd look like Imelda Marcos (who I hear goes shopping at 168 too -- guess she can't resist the cheap yet beautifully beaded shoes there). I'll stick a pic of some of the really pretty ones on so y'all can see what I'm jabbering about.


Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are the bank people needy for shoes? Why did Mom need a bracelet? Is there a special occasion coming up? Beading Storm is good, but will there ever be a Beaded Sale?!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Kat said...

168 is a treasure trove! I shop there for toys. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home